Call for applications for the 8th regional session
Within the framework of the implementation of its 2017 action plan, the Yaoundé School of Citizenship and Politics (YSCP) is organizing from 08th to 09th December, in partnership with the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA), its 8th annual regional session under the theme: “Social inclusion, involvement in politics and integration of women and youth with disabilities”.
The main purpose of this session that will host 60 auditors from West and Central Africa, is to advocate for a better social inclusion and an optimal involvement in politics of women and youths with disabilities in the management of public affairs.
More specifically, the session will aim to:
- Increase awareness on shared instruments for women, youths and persons with disabilities to improve on their contribution to the implementation of the 2020 and 2030 Agenda, as well as the first years of the Action Plan of the 2063 Agenda;
- Increase awareness of laws and regulations relating to the protection and promotion of persons with disabilities;
- Encourage the commitment of public administrations, decentralized local and regional authorities, civil society organizations and international partners to integrate the approach to disability and carry out specific actions to the benefit of persons with disabilities;
- Identify mechanisms and strategies for involving people with disabilities in the development process;
- Identify the social barriers that impede the integration of persons with disabilities in the national community.
In order to take part in this session, a call for candidature is launched to various and varied targets: political and administrative officials, defense and security forces personnel, academics and teachers-researchers with an expertise on disabilities, leaders of associations and organizations fighting for the rights of people with disabilities, journalists and media men, traditional leaders, etc.
Interested parties must have a proven expertise in the promotion of persons with disabilities. They should send a motivation letter addressed to the President of the School Executive Board to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a CV and a 4x4 picture.
For this session, the School will select 15 suitable candidates online. The deadline for the admissibility of applications is the 30th November 2017. Only Successful applicants will be formally invited and will be contacted by email or telephone no later than the 5th December 2017.
Nota Bene: The school does not take in charge your travel expenses as well as accommodation but can facilitate and help you with your administrative paperwork’s.